Teaching with Technology
This is a course designed for trainee teachers and teachers currently practicing in the primary, secondary, tertiary and higher education sectors in African countries. The main purpose of this course is to empower the educators with knowledge and skills to use technology in teaching.
Module 1: The Application of Technology in Education and Pedagogy
- Using technology to enhance the educational process involves more than just learning how to use specific piece of hardware and software
- We review pedagogical principles that are specific to the use of technology in an instructional setting.
- The module’s pedagogy-based training approach helps teachers understand the role of learning theory in the design and function of class activities and in the selection and use of instructional technologies.
Module 2: Overcoming Challenges in Integration Technology
- This course explores the process, the barriers that educators may encounter and the strategies that educators can apply to overcome them.
- We will use practical case studies based on Sub-Saharan African schools and apply a participatory approach to developing solutions.
Module 3: The Practical Use of Technology in Teaching and Learning
- We examine opportunities in designing technology integration in teaching and learning.
- We explore and explain the use of mobile technology and learning management systems and how they aid eLearning.
Module 4: Learning Management Systems
- We will demonstrate how to create real lessons and activities using Learning Management Systems.
- This constructivist approach will help educators to see how technology will enhance their educational programs. It will also help them retain the skills learned in training because they will learn how to use them practically.
Module 5: Blended Learning
- Educators are introduced to the principles of teaching in blended classroom environments.
- Participants learn effective strategies for managing and teaching students in blended environments and explore the ways blended learning can effectively support standards-based teaching and learning in all subject areas.
Technology In Early Childhood Education
We explore the process of integrating technology into teaching, the barriers that ECD educators may encounter and the strategies that they can apply to overcome them. We will use practical case studies and apply a participatory approach to developing solutions.
Module 1: Introduction To Integrating Technology In Early Childhood
- We explore the process of integrating technology into teaching, the barriers that ECD educators may encounter and the strategies that they can apply to overcome them
- • We will use practical case studies and apply a participatory approach to developing solutions.
Module 2: Online Teaching & Learning Resources
- We will go through our curated list of digital resources to help keep your teaching tools sharp and up to date.
- We will train you where and how to find open source online self-paced eLearning ECE courses to allow you to constantly develop your skills.
Module 3: Online Pre-School Learning Management Systems
- We will practically evaluate how technical tools are not only used for classroom interactions with pupils but also for instruction, documentation, assessment and communication support enabling teachers to create a more effective teaching environment.
- We will utilize specific apps and Learning Management Systems and practically show how you can use online tools to plan lessons and assess pupils work while being able to share their progress with parents online.